This year’s Global Oral Health Summit—held from Nov. 10-12—is moving to Orlando. And, while we know there are countless reasons you should register for this year’s event, we’ve worked hard to narrow down the list. Click on the image below to explore the top 10 reasons you and your team should register for the Summit.
Are there any reasons we missed? Let’s discuss in the comments section below.
By Ryan Estis
How a practice responds to change says a lot about the team that runs it. Do they embrace it? Seek it out? Avoid it? In this technological age, keeping up with the pace of change is crucial from a business and clinical perspective—patients make negative assessments about a practice based on outdated equipment, and using old technology may put a practice at a disadvantage when diagnosing patients. While adding new equipment is a step in the right direction, here are a few other ways you can view change around your practice that will give you a competitive advantage.
- Embrace change in the new economy—From imaging technology to the way we communicate with patients to how we accept payments, every aspect of the dental practice is changing. And that change is being driven by greater global trends that reflect how interconnected the world has become. Don’t think of yourself as one small practice, but part of a global business network. The changes you make now affect not only your practice but your patients, your community and, ultimately, the greater economy.
EDITOR’S NOTE: In addition to offering continuing education and networking opportunities, the 2017 Global Oral Health Summit will also provide participants with the chance to partake in a special volunteer activity. Clean the World will guide attendees in assembling hygiene kits to distribute to those in need in the Orlando community. Carestream Dental will also be accepting monetary donations on behalf of Clean the World during the Summit, and contributions of unused toothbrushes, toothpaste and dental floss will be welcomed. Learn more here.
During the holidays, it’s common to give thanks and reflect on a successful year—a thriving practice, a dedicated staff and happy patients being among them. Some practices may even use this time to give back to their communities, whether through canned food donations or Angel Trees in the office lobby, or a day of volunteering at a food bank with the whole practice.
However, doctors and their staff have valuable skills to offer their communities at any time of the year. Giving, without any expectation of gain, allows dentistry to change lives. Continue reading
The Global Oral Health Summit is a dynamic opportunity for oral health practitioners and professionals to learn about the latest industry technology and expand their professional networks by interacting with colleagues from across the country and globe. Utilizing social media is a prudent way to take advantage of all the benefits the Global Oral Health Summit has to offer. Here are a few tips to amplify your Summit experience.
Follow – The official social media accounts of the Global Oral Health Summit are an excellent source to find the most up-to-date information about the program, location and venue accommodations for the 2016 Summit and beyond.
- Before GOHS begins, you can find Facebook posts about the Summit’s featured subject matter experts and in-depth content related to the session subjects to help you determine which sessions meet your particular interests.
- Follow the GOHS Twitter account during the Summit for real-time updates and tips from our keynote speakers Laura Schwartz and social media expert Jesse Miller.
- When the Summit is over, the educational support doesn’t end. Whether you have decided to make an equipment purchase or implement new software, you can visit the GOHS social channels to find helpful resources that will make the transition easy.
To learn more about Carestream Dental’s 2016 Global Oral Health Summit, visit our registration website.
By Mary Conditt, Director of Industry Relations
- What you Learn in Vegas Doesn’t Have to Stay in Vegas
What do selfies, embezzlement, sleep apnea and edentulous surgical guides all have to do with each other? They’re just a few of the topics that are covered at the Global Oral Health Summit. Respected doctors and prominent industry consultants help you stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices. You can prioritize the courses that are most relevant to you with tracks based on specialty. Take what you learn back to your practice and immediately put your new-found knowledge to work. Click here to view the full program.
- Sweeten the Pot with Software Training
Quick, tell me everything you know about the Y screen in your practice management software! Depending on your role in the office, you may shrug and think it doesn’t apply to you, or you may get the uncomfortable suspicion that there are features of your software that you’re missing out on. No matter what your role, an efficiently run front desk affects the whole practice. At the Global Oral Health Summit, Carestream Dental’s experienced software trainers share with you all the tips, tricks and hacks you never knew you needed to streamline your workflow and reduce costs. Special tracks are available for CS SoftDent, CS PracticeWorks, CS OrthoTrac and CS WinOMS.